When used in this subchapter, unless the context otherwise indicates:
(1) “personal protection order” means a protection order as described under MCL 600.2950 and 600.2950a;
(2) “petition” refers to a pleading for commencing an independent action for personal protection and is not considered a motion as defined in MCR 2.119;
(3) “petitioner” refers to the party seeking protection;
(4) “respondent” refers to the party to be restrained;
(5) “existing action” means an action in this court or any other court in which both the petitioner and the respondent are parties; existing actions include, but are not limited to, pending and completed domestic relations actions, criminal actions, other actions for personal protection orders.
(6) “minor” means a person under the age of 18.
(7) “minor personal protection order” means a personal protection order issued by a court against a minor and under jurisdiction granted by MCL 712A.2(h).