(A) Governing Law. Procedure in actions under the Paternity Act, MCL 722.711 et seq. is governed by the rules applicable to other civil actions except as otherwise provided by this rule and the act.
(B) Blood or Tissue Typing Tests. A petition for blood or tissue typing tests under MCL 722.716 must be filed at or before the pretrial conference or, if a pretrial conference is not held, within the time specified by the court. Failure to timely petition waives the right to such tests, unless the court, in the interest of justice, permits a petition at a later time.
(C) Advice Regarding Right to an Attorney.
(1) The summons issued under MCL 722.714 must include a form advising the alleged father of the right to an attorney as described in subrule (C)(2), and the procedure for requesting the appointment of an attorney. The form must be served with the summons and the complaint, and the proof of service must so indicate.
(2) If the alleged father appears in court following the issuance of a summons under MCL 722.714, the court must personally advise him that he is entitled to the assistance of an attorney, and that the court will appoint an attorney at public expense, at his request, if he is financially unable to retain an attorney of his choice.
(3) If the alleged father indicates that he wants to proceed without an attorney, the record must affirmatively show that he was given the advice required by subrule (C)(2) and that he waived the right to counsel.
(4) If the alleged father does not appear in court following the issuance of a summons under MCL 722.714, subrule (C)(3) does not apply.
(D) Visitation Rights of Noncustodial Parent.
(1) On the petition of either party, the court may provide in the order of filiation for such reasonable visitation by the noncustodial parent as the court deems justified and in the best interests of the child.
(2) Absent a petition from either party, the right of reasonable visitation is reserved.