Rule 2.620 Satisfaction of Judgment

A judgment may be shown satisfied of record in whole or in part by:

(1) filing with the clerk a satisfaction signed and acknowledged by the party or parties in whose favor the judgment was rendered, or their attorneys of record;

(2) payment to the clerk of the judgment, interest, and costs, if it is a money judgment only; or

(3) filing a motion for entry of an order that the judgment has been satisfied.

The court shall hear proofs to determine whether the order should be entered.

The clerk must, in each instance, indicate in the court records that the judgment is satisfied in whole or in part.